Friday, April 14, 2006

Update on Tiffany

My poor baby... :-( She really isn't doing as well as we would like. She couldn't/wouldn't eat anything since the vet and she's been curled up in her jar all the time since too. I saw her go for her water but she didn't drink. This is getting serious. Chinchilla's can go downhill very fast and I'm getting anxious.

I called my vet today (Thursday) to let her know what was going on and she made arrangements for me to go to a vet clinic by me (where she used to be) and get some medicine and special food. Which I did. This however means I have to force feed her and I know how much she's going to enjoy that.

So..... I did. I got her out of her cage and I rolled the poor thing up in a towel and I got the special food all watered down and in a syringe and started to give her some in teeny bits. Of course she's fighting me a bit so it's getting all over her. After that I put a single drop of her new medicine on my finger and put my finger on her little lips trying to get some in her mouth without her piercing my finger. I think I got some of it in but it's hard to tell. I do think I did though. Then I gave her some water through another syringe which she enjoyed. Then a tad more special food. I gave her cuddles and time off between each event.

I think she hates me at this point. Last night when I went to her cage she'd run out of her jar and for the farthest corner of her cage :-( Once she even barked at me!

Poor thing, she's been in her jar most of today too. She's gone to her pellets which I've added water to so they aren't so hard and she sticks her little face in them but I don't think she's able to eat them. She won't take raisins either and that's a big deal. I don't think she's drinking water from her bottle either but at least today I got some stuff into her, especially the medicine and I'm hoping over night she'll get a bit stronger, and hungrier and is able to get her own water and pellets.

I'll phone my vet Friday with an update probably around noon. Give poor Tiffy a bit of time to bounce back. She's at least coming out of her jar now occasionally. If she hears me open the cage door she sometimes pokes her head out or will come right out of the jar for a minute or two.

Well........ that's the update for today. I should take a pic of her tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home