Monday, March 27, 2006

This caught my eye...




Look at this picture. What's wrong with it? Recognize it? It's a Toronto landmark. Redpath Sugar that's been around 151 years now.

Now look closely at the sign.. Redpath S YLE hmm was driving me nuts since I saw this on Saturday. It stood out like a sore thumb since all my life it's said Redpath Sugar in huge red capital letters. You can still see where the U was in there.

So..... what the hell does YLE mean? Doesn't mean Ltd. in any way shape or form because in French that's Ltee.

Today I looked it up. Talk about learning something every day. Redpath is owned by a company called Tate & Lyle for 151 years now. Now they decide to finally put the company name instead of the Brand name on the building??? LOL Just a wee bit late isn't it?

The LYE is the last three letters in Lyle. Where the rest of it is unknown as yet. Looks weird to me. Hopefully I'll have my camera with me when this saga continues and I'll be able to capture it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home