Friday, March 24, 2006

hahaha lookee what I found....


I snooped a bit around my hard drive and found the pics. Wasn't too difficult because I knew when I was last in the hospital. Want some grapes??? You like that mold between the stems in there and on the grapes?? ewww (click on the pics, you'll get a better look)

How about some rock hard macaroni?? We actually put some on the floor and stepped on it and it was so hard it cracked and splintered and flew everywhere. I don't know if you can see this but this macaroni is hard as a rock. Most of it anyway and care for a meatball that is so overcooked they're dried out. We showed this to the nurse and to the woman that brought the food and they were both grossed out but nothing was done until I got another one way too late.

See, what happens is this. St. Michael's Hospital in downtown Toronto doesn't make it's own food anymore. Hasn't for a while. They sub-contract out. The food is made at a place out by the airport, cooked then put in a truck. The truck takes at least 45 minutes to get to St. Mike's hospital where it's pretty much cold now.... ok, lukewarm. So it's taken off the truck and then it's put in these layered trays on wheels with covers over them and they are re-cooked in that while waiting to go to the patients. Then they are sent to the individual floors where it sits again for a bit. Finally you get one of these yummy meals!!!

And they wonder why people don't get well?????????

3 Comments:

Blogger the fourth dimension said...

i will then feel at home there....that is the state of food at my home!

Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:39:00 pm  
Blogger iwant said...

ewwwwwww *faints* lol

Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:58:00 pm  
Blogger the fourth dimension said...

there is a little bit of red cheese in my kitchen sitting on the platform for the past two weeks which I am hoping to throw away at some point...

Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:02:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home