Friday, February 03, 2006

I'm losing my mind, or maybe it's just everyone else...

It's been another one of those weeks. Seems to be typical for me. Months ago I signed up to be present at a seminar for C.I.R.A. (Canadian Internet Registration Authority) The governing body of .ca domains. I'm a member and was extended an invitation. It was a meeting/seminar on governance reforms and members needed to vote on corporate governance reforms. Yeah I know, dry stuff.... however I'm interested. It was an opportunity to mingle with people with the same views and interests. There was networking before and after the meeting, a banquet and everyone that attended got a 128 MB memory key. It would have been a nice time out for me doing something I'm interested in.

Well..... would have are the opperative words. Thanks to our wonderful disabled transit system Wheeltrans I didn't get there. These idiots couldn't get me a ride there, only one back. And they wonder why I don't use their service much! I'm in the downtown core, where I was going was the downtown core and they couldn't get me a ride there. This is nothing unusual, I've had to cancel cardiologist appts thanks to their useless system. If it was summer or spring or even a nice day out then I could have got myself over there but it would take me about 35-40 minutes and it was just above freezing and freezing rain on and off. I'm not putting myself in the hospital for this. Wouldn't you know the next day was 46 F and dry. grrrrr

The next day, yesterday was blown too. I had a meeting at noon and by 12:30 they hadn't shown yet. Turns out they couldn't make it at all...... so it's rebooked for today at noon. whooppee..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home