Thursday, February 23, 2006

arghhhhhhhhhh headache!!!

I woke up without a headache today...... an hour later though.... ugh, it's back. I'm getting bitchy thanks to these headaches and I'm really tired of them. I'm not a 'headache' kind of person. I got severe migranes when I was a kid in my teens for a few years but that was it. Then like most other people I'd get a slight headache once or twice a year. Last July though I got really ill, landed in the hospital for 10 days. It was some type of cross contamination from food from a restaurant. My heart was beating at 140, I was running a fever of 102 for 3 days, had chills and sweats and the headache..... holy crap the headache was like a nitro headache and maybe worse. I couldn't believe how bad it was. Every day, several times a day the nurses and docs came in to make sure it hadn't become menengitis which this kind of cross contamination can become. It didn't thank goodness but damn I was sick. It was a nasty illness and it can come back too. You can have relapses of it for no reason.

After that I would get the occasional headache but not a really bad one, just an annoying one when it would come. Then they started coming a bit more often, once a week... then more often, two or three a week but still not really bad headaches.... then they started to blossom. By before x-mas last year I was getting a really good headache once a week, a banger. Now it's progressed to a migrane type headache daily. Barely a day goes by when I don't have to turn out all the freakin lights, take the phone off the hook and lay down for a couple of hours and even that doesn't help much but it usually takes the edge off it.

It's weird. I'll get a headache suddenly, it will stick around for a while, disappear then come back hours later for no apparent reason. I can be sitting down relaxing and bang!!! Today I actually woke with no headache and it felt great but now it's back and running right down the back of my freakin head and down my neck. What the hell is going on? My family doc thinks it might be leftovers from the illness I had in July. I saw my cardiologist on Monday and told him about it and during my e.c.g. it was discovered I was tacacardic and he thinks it could be causing the headaches. I'm hoping he's right because he's put me on a new medication for my heart rate and it should slow it down. If he's right it should take care of the stupid headaches too. So, here's hoping I start to see a difference soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home