Thursday, March 09, 2006

boring day....

But productive.

Started off my morning doing emails. I'm trying to get a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer donated by Maytag but I think they got my hopes up for nothing. I run several community programs and we need a fridge that will hold a lot of frozen foods. And one that can be chained shut so others using the same common room won't get nosey and things won't go missing. Seems these days if it isn't nailed down it walks. Anyway, last year I discovered Maytag makes pretty much 80% of the fridges/freezers out there on the market these days. I couldn't believe how many brands are made by that one company. Really shouldn't surprise me all things considered. So, I wrote them requesting an old model, a scratched or dented one, we really didn't care as long as it worked. I didn't get an answer back. Then I tried again (both times by fax), still didn't get an answer. Then I emailed the woman for the Corporate Donations dept. and finally got an answer and she said she'd look into it.

Next thing I know she is phoning me and asking me if I can get a van or something because they won't deliver outside of Burlington. All donations were allocated for 2005 and if I can wait it looked good for the New Year and to get back to her then. Well I did. I emailed in January to tell her that we could arrange pick up of the side-by-side but I heard nothing back. Then I waited and emailed again in February. Nothing back again. This morning I emailed yet again keeping my fingers crossed and she answered saying: "Thank you for your note. I will continue to look for something that could work for you. We do not have one in this condition right now."

hmmmmmm ok.... new or scratched or dented or whatever and they don't have one in that condition right now? No new ones?????? shit....... we really need this donation badly. At this point in time I have my freezer stuffed with frozen food as do other volunteers and it's not helpful when I need my freezer or they need theirs for our own things!

Anyway, one of the things I do is run Afternoon Socials for Seniors. We have one coming up soon so I'm getting things done a bit ahead of time. Usually I work this way then I am not wacked right out. Thanks to my health I can only do so much so I do a lot but in bits and pieces :-)

So today was a kitchen day. The meal for the upcoming Seniors Afternoon Social this time is chicken fried rice and chicken stir-fry. Today I took the time to cut up the first batch of chicken in fair size chunks for the stir-fry and cooked it up, bagged it and put it in the freezer then I cut up the next batch of chicken in bite size pieces for the chicken fried rice and then labelled and bagged it and tossed it in the freezer too. Voila! The biggest part of it is done.

The day before the social my friend Celeste and my mom will help me steam the veggies and cook the rice then everything is ready to toss together and heat up the next day. Most of the work done before the event.

Was suppose to have a meeting today too but it seems that isn't going to happen until tomorrow now. Been bopping around the internet checking out other blogs in between waiting for one thing or another to be done.

Like I said....... boring....... but productive.

1 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I will link to iwants, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home