Monday, February 27, 2006

Dr's....

Well... today I fired my family doctor. That is if calling him a f'in as*ho*e qualify's as firing him. I went to see him today about these headaches, they are at the point of unbearable. I had one on the weekend lasted over 24 hrs. I have never asked this man for pain meds. Never. Matter of fact I did two rounds of cancer with no medication for pain. I have a very high tolerance for pain and a low tolerance for medications. I have more medication allergies than you can shake a stick at causing everything from throwing up to hives to my throat closing rush into the emerg kinds of allergies. I know what I can take and what I can't and I won't try new pills unless there is absolutely no other alternative. The one painkiller I can take is demoral. Morphine doesn't work on me, I'm severely allergic to codeine so that leaves a lot of drugs out. The only time I've used painkillers is after jaw surgery and after heart surgery. Both times it was given through IV and with the jaw surgery I was given a prescription for it for home as well. I took it for less than a week at home. For heart I took it only in hospital and only for a day or two through IV.

So, I asked this clown for a new prescription of demoral. I have the old ones but figure they are no good by now. I saw him just a couple of weeks back about my headaches and prior to that too so this isn't something new to him. He tells me "I don't prescribe demoral", I said "what?", he says "I don't prescribe demoral" "I don't like it". I said "Well, it's the only damn painkiller that works for me and that I'm not allergic to". I asked him what is so wrong with it that he won't prescribe it. He tells me "the side effects". I said "What side effects? This is only of the few medications I can take without side effects that send me to emerg!".

He says.... I'd rather you try massage therapy or accupunture and get an x-ray on your neck to see if it's your arthritis. I said "fine.... I'll get the x-ray but what the hell do I do about the pain?" And... neither one of the 'therapy's you choose is covered under OHIP. How do I pay for it?

He kept saying he didn't like prescribing demoral and wanted to give me percocets... I can't take them, they make me throw up major.. so he suggests oxycontin or whatever the hell it is..... told him same shit and both of those drugs are very addictive. So he suggests something with codeine.... I looked at him like he was nuts and told him I'm allergic to it and it is right there on my chart.... he was really pissing me off......... finally I told him I could understand if he knew I abused pain meds but since i've never asked him for them he knows I don't. But since my cardiologist will give me demoral through IV in the hospital and after other surgeries too it's the one damn thing that obviously works and doesn't cause me side effects. Again he tells me he doesn't prescribe it because he doesn't like the pill....... that's when I blew and called him a choice name or two and exited.

Got home and called my pharmacist and found out the demoral I have from the jaw surgery is still good so my family doc can screw himself and I'll get a prescription from another doc for it and find a new family doctor. good... give me something I'm allergic too...... asshole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home