Saturday, February 25, 2006

snow.... grrrrrr


This is what I think of snow...... look at the pic closely. The bee's tongue is sticking out!! I shot this pic last summer at the Music Garden down on the Lakeshore.

It was really nice when I went out but I was surprised at how deep the snow was in places and there was still snow on the sidewalks in places but none that I couldn't push on through thankfully. The sun was nice and bright and had melted a lot of it on the sidewalks.

I dropped off the load of Avon and then me and the person with me went over to the World's Biggest Book Store. She wanted to pick up puzzle books and I wanted nothing. I used to love that store when it first opened. They had cheap programs for the computer and a great computer book section too but they got rid of all of the puter accessories and moved the books to another section. They never have computer books on sale any more either. It's like when a new version of a book comes out they must either trash all the old ones or send them back to their publishers because you never see any older version books there. I did manage to find a decent cookbook though while waiting and it was $12.99 on sale but when I got to the cash they reduced it down to $6.94. Not bad. :-) I need another cookbook though like I need a hole in the head.

Next was off to the Food Basics to grab the chicken on special but once outside it suddenly got a lot colder and there was one hell of a wind coming up. I was laughing my ass off as I'm motoring along and the damn wind is at my back pushing me faster and faster. Finally got home and now I'm thawing out.

Tonight I'll do more of the Avon...... boring...... watch some of the Olympics and order some books online from a place in the states I order from. Works for me :-) Think I'll watch the Olympics with my laptop and check out a few things on the net too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home