Saturday, February 25, 2006

snow........ I don't like the stuff anymore

Snow... the beast that anyone in a mobility device of any kind has to fight several months of the year. And it's on the ground this morning in Toronto. Shouldn't complain because we had a beauty of a January but we are making up for it cold-wize in February. I have to go out today and we got a fair bit of snow overnight. I have a ton of Avon to deliver..... yeah, I'm an Avon lady. yuk yuk yuk :-) Been so for about 30 years now. And yup, I use the stuff too! My shipment came in Thursday and now I need to deliver a load of it over by Maple Leaf Gardens. Checked the sidewalks and they look like they are passable. I hope so, been stuck more times than I'd like to remember and these days you sit there stuck until finally.... 15 minutes or more later, someone, usually a woman for some reason, comes to the rescue and helps get you out of the snow.

Worst incident...... easy one..... I was going across St. James Avenue to go to the No Frills Store and there had been a good snow dump a couple of days prior to this. I need groceries just like everyone else does so I had to take the challenge. Off I go, off the ramp at the sidewalk at the intersection when I get about 20 feet out into the street and stop dead in my tracks!! Jammed in the snow. I sit there, cars coming from down St. James Ave. behind me are literally driving past me!!!! Then there's this white van.... comes to the intersection and stops and sits there... watching me. For about 20 minutes I'm sitting there stuck in the middle of the frikken intersection and all the while this bonehead in the van is sitting in the nice warmth of his van just watching. Do you think he'd get out and help??? nah..... that's too much effort. I thought for sure one or more of the cars going around me was going to clip my ass for sure. Finally this small Pakistani or Indian lady comes across the middle of the intersection and asks me what she can do to help. I asked her to just push a bit which I put my chair in reverse. She did and got me back onto the sidewalk. I was never so grateful and thanked her over and over. What a relief. At that point, I turned around and went home. Once home I called around and found someone that would pick me up a thing or two and then a couple of days later I finally got out and got the rest of my groceries.

I'd love to know who that ass was in the van.......... I'd run over his toes at a bare minimum. Schmuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home